Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa 476
Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa
This visa allows recent engineering graduates to live, work or study in Australia for up to 18 months. You must have completed a degree or higher qualification from a specified institution within the past 2 years, and be under 31 years of age.
Overview of Skilled Graduate Visa 476
Usually up to 18 months
- 75% of applications: 14 months
- 90% of applications: 17 months
With this visa you can
- work and study
- be under 31 years of age
- have completed an engineering degree at a specified educational institution in the past 2 years
- not have previously been the primary visa holder of a subclass 476 or 485 visa
About The skilled Graduate visa subclass 476
With this visa you can
Travel, work and study in Australia
How long can you stay
This is a temporary visa. You can usually stay in Australia for 18 months.
You can’t stay in Australia longer by extending this visa, as you can’t be granted another Skilled – Recognised Graduate visa. You will need to apply for another visa. Explore your visa options.
You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply.
Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements.
You can add your children to the application until a decision on your application is made. You can’t add any other member of the family unit to your application during that period.
If we grant you the visa, your family members might be able to apply to join you in Australia later as a subsequent entrant.
Family members applying for this visa as subsequent entrants must apply online in ImmiAccount.
The visa costs AUD405 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
To work out what your visa will cost use the Visa Pricing Estimator. The estimator does not take into account the other costs.
You (and family members of your combined application) can be in or outside Australia when you apply for this visa. But, if you are in Australia when you apply, you will not be eligible for a Bridging visa to remain in Australia while we process your application.
When the visa is granted, you must be outside Australia.
Family members making a combined application must also be outside of Australia when the visa is granted.
If you are the holder of a Special Category (subclass 444) visa, you can lodge your application in Australia and be granted a Bridging Visa to remain in Australia pending a decision. Subclass 444 holders can be granted a bridging visa to remain in Australia because they are eligible for their visa to be granted while they are in Australia.
Your application can take longer to process if:
- you do not fill it in correctly
- you do not include all the documents we need or we need more information from you
- it takes us time to verify your information
We can’t process your application if you do not pay the correct visa application charge. We will notify you if this is the case.
You, and your family members, must meet all visa conditions and obey Australian laws.
See which conditions will and might be attached to this visa.
You can travel outside Australia and return as many times as you want while the visa is valid.
The time you spend outside Australia does not extend the visa.
We will digitally link your visa to your passport. You will not get a label in your passport.
Eligibility for subclass 476 Skilled Graduate Visa
Have engineering qualifications from a specified educational institution
When you apply, you must have completed an engineering course for which you were awarded a degree or higher qualification in the last 2 years. This could be a:
- bachelors degree
- masters degree
- doctoral degree
- postgraduate diploma
This qualification must be in an engineering discipline, such as:
- civil engineering
- structural engineering
- chemical engineering
- environmental engineering
- electrical and electronics engineering
- mechanical, production and plant engineering
- mining and material engineering
You must have completed your engineering qualification at a specified educational institution. Any institution offering an Engineering qualification accredited under the Washington Accord is a specified institution.
If you studied at an institution or college that is only affiliated with a Washington Accord specified institution, you would not satisfy this requirement.
We will also accept an engineering degree (or higher qualification) from:
- Argentina – Catholic University of Argentina
- Brazil – Federal University of Minas Gerais
- Chile – Universidad Catolica del Norte
- Chile – Catholic University of Chile
- Chile – University of Chile
- Chile – University of Concepcion
- Finland – HUT, Helsinki
- Germany – RWTH, Aachen
- Germany – Technical University of Berlin
- Germany – Technical University of Clausthal
- Germany – TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- Germany – University of Hannover
- Hungary – University of Miskolc
- India – Anna University, Chennai
- India – Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- India – Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- India – Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- India – Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- Iran – Amir Kabir University of Technology
- Iran – University of Tehran
- People’s Republic of China – Beijing Normal University
- People’s Republic of China – Beijing Petroleum University
- People’s Republic of China – Beijing University of Chemical Technology
- People’s Republic of China – Beijing University of Technology
- People’s Republic of China – China University of Mining and Technology, Beijing
- People’s Republic of China – Guangzhou University
- People’s Republic of China – Shanghai University of Engineering Science
- People’s Republic of China – Shanghai Jiaotong University
- People’s Republic of China – Tongji University
- People’s Republic of China – Tsinghua University
- People’s Republic of China – University of Science and Technology, Beijing
- Philippines – University of the Philippines
- Poland – Wroclaw University of Technology
- Slovakia – TU Kosice
- Sweden – Lulea University of Technology
- Tanzania – University of Dar es Salaam
Be this age
You must be under 31 years of age.
Have not held this visa
You must not have previously been the primary holder of a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) visa or a Skilled – Recognised Graduate (subclass 476) visa, unless you held one as members of the family unit.
Meet our health requirement
You and any family members who apply for the visa with you must meet our health requirement.
Meet our character requirement
You and family members aged 16 years and over who apply for the visa with you must meet our character requirement.
Have this passport or this level of English language
You must provide evidence of English proficiency unless you hold a valid passport from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland.
To do this show us evidence in the last 3 years you achieved:
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||Overall score of at least 6 with a minimum score of 5 for each of the 4 parts|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based Test (TOEFL iBT)||Total score of at least 64 with a minimum score of 4 for listening, 4 for reading, 14 for writing and 14 for speaking|
|Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)||Overall score of at least 50 with a minimum score of 36 for each of the 4 parts|
|Occupational English Test (OET)||At least B for each of the 4 parts|
|Cambridge C1 Advanced test||Overall at least 169 with a minimum score of at least 154 in each of the 4 test components|
Sign the Australian values statement
If you are 18 years of age or older, you must:
- have read, or had explained to you, the Life in Australia booklet and
- sign an Australian Values Statement that confirms you will respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws
Have paid back your debt to the Australian Government
If you or any family members owe the Australian Government money, you or they must have paid it back or arranged to pay it back.
Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
You might not be eligible for this visa if you have had a visa cancelled or refused while you were in Australia. Check if visa cancellation affects your eligibility.
Best interests of the child
We might not grant this visa if it is not in the best interests of an applicant under 18.